Outage System Scheduler
Years in this Position:
2 Year Technical Degree
Develops, maintains and executes plans and schedules. Primary duties and responsibilities include assisting in managing and priotitizing work activities and resources, including development of schedules for specific tasks and facilitation of schedule integration with the plant daily schedule for emergent issues, planned activities and projects based on plant priorities.
Is also responsible for the development of computerized critical path schedules for the day to day maintenance activities , as well as for refueling and maintenance outages.
Further prepares and analyzes daily work schedules to optimize equipment availability and manpower usage; recommends approriate modifications. Publishes daily work schedules and monitors progress. Also documents schedule problems, maintains statistics and performs trend analysis.
What I like best about my job:
Never boring and finding new solutions to problems.
Advice I would give to someone interested in this job:
Get a technical degree and always look for areas of improvement.
Knowledge of applicable regulatory or procedural requirements related to nuclear power plant work documentation. Computer experience in developing output products in a Windows environment for such systems/programs as Access, Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Knowledge or skills in project management and control techniques.
Written and oral communications skills, ability to influence others with the core values and guiding behaviors and clearly state expectations and desired outcomes. Analytical and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to make and implement decisions.
Industiral work setting within the nuclear power plant
Associates degree in engineering or technical field plus 7 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Plus 5 years experience in planning and scheduling for work control, maintenance or engineering preferred.
Demand will continue
40 hour work week with required over-time during demand times.
- Ability to meet and maintain unescorted access requirements of a nuclear power plant.
- Abilty to work additional hours to support on-going plant operations and outages.
- Must be available for on-call status
- Abilty to withstand exposure to high noise and extreme temperatures
- Ability to read , write and analyze reports and written materials
- Ability to see, hear and speak to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
- Ability to serve on emergency response team, when called.
- Regular and consistent attendance is essential to the performance of the position.