Years in this Position:
5 months at Novelis-----Almost 4 years in purchasing
4 year degree in business-----CPM(Certified Purchasing Manager) certification helpful
- Have the product/service at the right place, at the right time, at the right price.
- Develop strategic opportunities
- Participate in corporate opportunities.
What I like best about my job:
Every day is different
- Interaction with internal customers and suppliers
- Fast paced
- Playing a strategic part in internal/external opportunities
Advice I would give to someone interested in this job:
- Must like a fast paced environment
- Join a purchasing organization
Area: Supply Chain
This position is responsible for the approval and control of the purchasing function of a company or a division of a company. It involves selection of reliable sources of supply, approval of purchase orders, supervision of the actual purchasing and control of price and quality.
Office setting, with some travel to suppliers. The average workweek is 40 hours. While many manufacturers operate 24 hours/day, this position usually works during first shift.
Bachelor's degree and 5+ years related experience, including supervision
See US Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook (http://www.bls.gov/oco/home.htm) for latest information
Average annual earnings in CNY in 2005 were $66,750 with an average annual bonus of $3,086.